2022 Update: Horizons can no longer source HCG tablets or injections, and therefore are unavailable. The HCG diet has a lot of variations and there’s a lot to learn about it (and a lot you learn while on the diet). But how do you decide between the HCG Tablets and the HCG Injections? We’ll delve into the pros and cons of each.
Advantages of both HCG Tablets and HCG Injections
At Horizons we understand that everyone is different. What works for one person may not work as well for another. Our bodies are complicated and so is weight loss. For that reason we have different plans and options for both the HCG Tablets and HCG Injections. With both plans we meet with you weekly, either in person or online. During these weekly check-ins, we get your weight and talk to you about how everything is going. If you aren’t completely satisfied with your progress, we will adjust the plan to meet your specific needs. This can be anything from (but not limited to): adjusting daily calorie counts, eliminating or adding different foods to your diet, adjusting exercise level, to even switching between the tablets and injections.
HCG Tablets are taken once daily, preferably in the morning. Before taking the tablet you must not have had anything to eat or drink for 20 minutes prior. You will then place the tablet under your tongue to dissolve, which will take 7-12 minutes. After the tablet mostly dissolves, you can swallow whatever remains are in your mouth. You must not eat or drink anything for 20 minutes after you have swallowed the tablet.
- If needles terrify you, then by default tablets are a better option for you.
- The tablets have not only HCG, but also Vitamin B12. This helps boost your energy level.
- It takes more time and planning with the tablets due to the time is takes to take the tablet.
- Absorption of HCG is lower with tablets.
With the HCG injections, you do one HCG injection daily, and there are no restrictions as to the time of day or timing of meals. The needle is tiny and easily slides under the skin with minimal discomfort.
- The injections are more concentrated than the tablets and stay steady in your bloodstream all day which allows for better absorption.
- You can do the injections at any time of the day, regardless of what time you last ate.
- The HCG for injections requires refrigeration. So if you will be traveling while on HCG, this is something to take into consideration.
- Some people just aren’t comfortable giving themselves injections.
So even though there are some differences between the two, we formulate Weight Loss Programs at Horizons just for YOU and your specific needs. Because the program is so specialized, the differences really depend on your personal preferences, lifestyle, and how your body responds. And remember: your success is our success.