While you’re on phase 2 of the HCG diet, there will be some things that you’re just going to have to go without during that time. But that doesn’t mean you have to completely deprive yourself from all flavor and joy from food. So here are some ideas for some tasty alternatives you can try while on phase 2 of the HCG diet.
- Flavored coffee creamer, try vanilla flavored stevia drops. Unlimited coffee is allowed during phase 2, but those (delicious) coffee creamers aren’t! The vanilla stevia will still give you flavor and sweetness which can help get you through phase 2.
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing, try using balsamic vinegar sweetened with stevia. You could also try reducing the vinegar on the stove to cut back on the tartness and to give it more of a syrupy texture.
- Using oil or cooking spray while cooking, use chicken broth or water to prevent sticking.
- Marinade and dressings that contain oil and sugar, try using: balsamic vinegar with crushed garlic, liquid aminos, or Worcestershire sauce. If you want pre-made dressings Barefoods Inc. and Skinny Girl offer dressings without oil or sugar.
- Sugary drinks like Vitamin Water and Gatorade, try mixing Crystal Light Pure into your water, as it contains stevia as a sweetener. You can also flavor your water with cucumber or lemon, with or without stevia.
Remember that just because you’re on phase 2 of HCG doesn’t mean you’re destined to 30+ days of eating plain boiled chicken and plain steamed vegetables. Spices are allowed! Spices, fresh garlic, different types of vinegar, mustard, and most hot sauces are full of flavor without the calories. Use this time to get creative with your food in a healthy way.
Have you come up with any tasty alternatives of your own? Let us know!